sitemeter

Saturday, August 21, 2010

How i met my first fisheye camera

My first lomography camera is a very tiny white fisheye that I bought for myself as 20 years old birthday present. I bought it in Sydney city Incu Store where is famous at sale selected brands clothing and crafts but also gets some lomography cameras as well. Once I walked into Incu, the lomography cameras displayed on the top of shelves that grab my attention in the first place because I was interested in lomography photos around that period and I could not find the place to buy it. Even there are many fabulous lomo camera shops online but I still do not feel can buy it without physical contact. When I buy things I used to touch it, hold it on my hands even look into mirror to see how I look like with it, it sound like a strange foible but it completely works on helping me to find the “right one”, the one only suits me I think.

It had better to go back to my subject, there a few lomography cameras on shelves with their effect picture albums that almost shoot by local lomo enthusiasts and also some professional lomographers. These great albums took me time to browse and it showed a completely different and colorful world to me, I thought everything in lomo’s world is complete and extreme like the black color always be complete dark black without possible occurrence of light black or grey. I also found some “accident” lomography pictures within albums such as a photo only captured half face or did not shoot with right angle. However, these “accident” usually works well in lomography world that might could not be separated from lomo’s theory “don’t think, just shot”.

I was really into it and had a strong passion to get one as soon as possible. Therefore, I finally choose my most favourite one, the white fisheye after i asked Staff's advice. This one is easy for new user to manual control because it does not get some compilicated options, and it is also tiny for put in bag. Hence, my lomo world journey started in my 20 years old with this adorable fisheye.

This was the first film i shoot with fisheye, i choose the street i used to live as my subject. Even i failed about 6-7 photos at the first time but it was still a precious experience in my lomo journey.

Kingsford, Sydney 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment