sitemeter

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My friend's work

Nowadays, lomo camera is becoming more and more popular. I am considering whether Lomo camera is becoming a kind of professional photography equipment or people’s toy in modern life. Maybe both! The darkness is one of the feature of lomography, also starts another shooting style, even life style. People in different age groups, different areas, different religions shares the joy that lomography brings to us, even Dalai Lama is into Lomography. Unfortunately I fail to search Dalai Lama’s lomography works, but I can imagine when Lomo meet Buddhism, it should be another kind of feeling-mysterious and quiet. Following is one of my friend’s works, which suddenly drag me into Buddhism atmosphere. I like it very much, here sharing with you~


My friend took this photo in a local Wax exhibition; this wax is a monk who is painting Buddha. The main color is scarlet, which is also representing Buddhism. When he uses Lomo camera to shoot this photo, the scarlet has been highlighted, the whole color tone is tend to red. However, the special lomo effect makes the color more dense, more dark. And here, the red and the monk image make audiences sense calm, instead of passion.

It's why I like this photo so much, hope you like it too.



No comments:

Post a Comment