sitemeter

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am what I shoot

Since I found out about Lomography, besides the charming effects which make me feel intrigued, another reason is that people of different photography skill have equal opportunity to be a lomographer. No matter the age or how amateur they are, it is all about just what you shoot.

Few weeks ago, one of my classmates Michelle who is an amateur lomographer has recommended me to a lomography exhibition that begins in Hong Kong.

This following link shows more detail of the analogue exhibition in Hong Kong which is written by Eric Luk, a young lomographer.

http://www.lomography.com/magazine/events/2010/08/02/analogue-exhibition-in-hong-kong

He demonstrates an interesting theme in the exhibition; “My point of view-What are truth and reality, Do they exist?” The way that he thinks and idealizes about developing his lomography work makes me curious about the lives of people, which can be captured as art on a single picture.

Moreover, the theme gives the audiences insight into the existence of the truth and reality to their lives and even to the society. Now, I live in a country where everyday is a challenge, given the new environment. It maybe because I meet and study with people who are from different parts of the world. However, I find this life inspiring and meaningful as underneath the differences, we all share similar feelings and emotions.

Although I’m still new to lomography, whenever I browse through different lomo cameras from shops, it’s just like a symbol of excellence, out of the norms. After having a more thorough understanding of lomography, what I have learned is that whether we use lomography or photography, we all have the same attitude of sharing, communicating and expressing feelings. If you get a chance to communicate with different people and learn from it, that’s the most precious part where you get this spirit. Now much more than a camera, Lomography is a dynamic international organization revolutionizing the way people see, and record, the world around them.

Source:http://www.lomovember.com/lomo.html


No comments:

Post a Comment