sitemeter

Sunday, August 29, 2010

The role of Lomography in fashion

I personally think photography is a way of expressing the moments experienced in our lives. Each individual has his or her vision or a sense of insight to view things. These illustrations we perceive through our eyes, and feel through our heart.

We may have different interest on what we like to shoot such as landscapes, people and food etc. Well today, I would like to say, Lomography has also become part of the style in the fashion industry. Photographers may achieve different effects using expensive photography equipment or by making many adjustments in Photoshop for fashion shooting. However, you’ve probably seen pictures with the dramatic colors and characteristic effects on Lomography.

Photography


Lomography




I have chosen these four beautiful photos to share with bloggers which took from a freelance fashion stylist’s assistance Kit Lee, who is also a lomographer and photographer based in London.

I admire the way the model has been styled and I love the way Kit Lee has captured the shooting with her plastic camera. With her blog article “Lomography: Let’s Rock, Gem And Roll”, she has clearly presented her passion on Lomography which focuses on fashion.

Most of my friends know that I’m really interested in the fashion industry, but I didn’t know these professional fashion photos can be taken from a plastic camera and result with different awesome effects. From this perspective, models play a minor role when they compare with the effect of Lomography. As long as you take your lomo camera with you and shoot what you want, you can discover how stunning Lomography is. The reason why I got so interested in these fashion photos is because they’re black and white, and they seem like vintage. I can’t judge that digital cameras will never have this kind of quality of effects, but I’m sure lomography will become more and more popular and useful in the fashion industry.



No comments:

Post a Comment